Back in Grand Ma’s Grandma’s Day people cooked, and baked, with Lard. Often Lard they had rendered themselves, from pigs they raised, on their own Homesteads. We use rendered Lard from Briden Farm.
We adapted our Recipe from one we found at Cooking With Carlee:
Chocolate Chip Cookies Made With Lard Recipe.
Here’s what We’re calling Grandma’s Chocolate Chip Cookies…
- 1 cup lard (Use at room temperature)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp Watkins Double Strength Baking Vanilla Extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Watkins Sea Salt
- 3 cups flour
- 12 oz. Dark Chocolate Chips
- Cream together lard, sugar, and brown sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla, mixing with Sugar and Lard Mixture
- Mix the Soda and Salt together and then mix with the flour
- Add the Soda, Salt, and Flour Mixture to the Sugar and Lard Mixture
- Stir in the chocolate chips until evenly distributed
- Chill the dough for at least an hour, or store it in the refrigerator for up to a couple of days.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. (We’ve cooked these at lower temperatures in our Kitchen Woodstove)
- We roll these out, by hand, into logs Then break the logs in two, and continue that process with the two pieces. We continue this till the log has been divided into about 8 equal pieces. We then roll these pieces into balls. Flatten slightly with a fork and bake until done. About 10-12 minutes.
- We sometimes sprinkle them with Watkins Powdered Vanilla!
- We cook them on an ungreased Nordic Ware Cookie Sheet
- Cool on the cookie sheet for three or four minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Except for one or two that must be eaten to ensure quality standards!
Did You know that when it comes to Watkins Products, You can Buy Them Online, or (if You Wish To)
Earn an Income with Watkins Products, and, even if you don’t want to sell them, You may still want to
Get a Membership and Order Direct!